If you’ve been given the opportunity to plan a bachelor party for one of your friends, you’ll want to give the groom a night that he won’t ever forget. The best bachelor party ideas in New York City come down to finding something that fits the groom’s interests. The greatness of New York is that it offers almost every kind of entertainment, all at a world-class level.
In one day, you could catch a show on Broadway, eat at a world-class restaurant and then watch a professional sports team compete. To help you find things to do that the groom will love, check out five of the best ideas for a bachelor party below:
1. Get Tickets to a Game
If the groom loves sports, there’s no better place to watch a game than NYC. Depending on the time of year, you can catch any variety of sports ranging from football and basketball to baseball and hockey. Make sure to see if any tickets are available for the following teams:
- Basketball: Watching the New York Knicks play in Madison Square Garden is unforgettable. The Garden is the oldest NBA arena, which makes it a go-to destination for any professional basketball fan. The Brooklyn Nets are also close by in Brooklyn, playing in the state of the art Barclays Center.
- Football: The New York Giants have a storied history of success and Super Bowl victories. No matter who they’re playing, you’re likely to experience an exciting game. With four Super Bowl victories under their belt, the Giant’s stadium is a must-do experience for football fans.
- Baseball: You can’t talk about sports teams in New York and not think of the Yankees. This baseball franchise has long been a dominant power in the MLB and is synonymous with the city itself. If you can catch a Redsox and Yankees game, you can experience one of the greatest rivalries in sports. If the groom isn’t a fan of the Yankees, the Mets are also located in New York and are a fun team to watch.
- Hockey: If the groom loves hockey, he’ll be sure to love watching the New York Rangers hit the ice. They share Madison Square Garden with the Knicks, and as such, provide a sports experience like no other.
2. Catch a Show on Broadway in the Theater District
Sports not the groom’s thing? Take him to a show on Broadway. There’s no better place in the world to watch a play or musical than New York City. The Theater District houses some of the most prestigious theater venues in the country, and you’ll be certain to find a show that matches the groom’s tastes. Whether he wants to watch a classic play or the newest musical to hit Broadway, you can find the perfect show.
- Belasco Theatre: Built by David Belasco, the Belasco Theatre opened its doors in 1907. At the time of its opening, Belasco had the intention for the theater to feel like living room plays, with the audience and actors as close as possible. This intimacy has been maintained over the years and makes for an engaging theater experience.
- New Amsterdam Theatre: Opening in 1903, the New Amsterdam Theatre is tied with Lyceum Theater for the title of the oldest running theater on Broadway. Disney took out a 99-year lease on the theater in 1993 and then spent four years restoring it. Now, you can expect to watch stunning Disney-based musicals at the theater like “Aladdin,” “Mary Poppins” and “The Lion King.”
- Winter Garden Theatre: One of the largest theaters in the Theater District, the Winter Garden Theatre hosts some of the biggest shows on Broadway. Classic large-scale musicals like “Mamma Mia!” and “West Side Story” have regularly played there over the years.
3. Visit New York City’s Premier Bars
No matter how deep into the night you are, you can always find a bar in the city ready to serve you a cold beer or an expertly crafted cocktail. You can’t go wrong with the following options:
- Dear Irving on Hudson: This cocktail bar draws from the 1960s for its design, pulling together a classy retro look. Though the space is fairly large, the seating and layout are intimate. Dear Irving on Hudson is on the 40th floor of the Aliz Hotel in Times Square and features floor-to-ceiling windows for exceptional views of the city.
- Evil Twin: If the groom is a craft beer enthusiast, Evil Twin is the brewery you have to visit while in New York. The draft beers are known for their unique tastes and humorous names. The location features a courtyard to sit outside, along with indoor communal picnic table seating.
- Peppi’s cellar: Located under the Italian restaurant Gran Tivoli, Peppi’s Cellar is a speakeasy-themed bar that provides an atmosphere like no other. The dark lighting and exposed wood and brick really give the feeling that you’re drinking in an old cellar. The music, food and classic cocktails guarantee that you’ll have a relaxing time.
4. Go to One of NYC’s Premier Comedy Clubs
Stand-up comedy is baked into the very fabric of New York. Some of the greatest comedians to ever live made their careers in the city’s comedy clubs. Spending the night watching comedy and laughing should be a go-to choice for most bachelor parties. Your group is sure to have a memorable time watching professional standup comedians.
If you decide to hit up NYC comedy clubs, you’ll want to check out the following:
- Comedy Cellar: The Comedy Cellar is one of the best comedy clubs in the world. Top tier comedians like Chris Rock, Marc Maron and Sarah Silverman have all performed at the club. With stars regularly dropping in to do a set, the standards for this club are incredibly high, and as such, it’s one of the best bachelor party ideas in NYC.
- Gotham Comedy Club: One of the newer clubs in the city, opening in 1996, Gotham Comedy Club has made a name for itself in a short time. Located on 23rd Street in a 10,000 square foot space, Gotham regularly brings comedy legends like Dave Chappelle, Collin Quinn and Lewis Black to the stage.
- The Bell House: Featuring two stages and a great deal of seating, you can find stand-up comedy and alternative entertainment at this venue. If you’re going to be in Brooklyn during a bachelor party, you should check out The Bell House’s calendar to see what acts will be performing.
5. Eat Dinner at New York’s Finest Steakhouses
To impress the groom and give him a meal that he’ll never forget, take him to one of NYC’s steakhouses. You won’t find many cities that have better steak than New York. Below you can discover some of the top steakhouses in the city:
- Porter House Bar and Grill: This steakhouse is guaranteed to provide superior service, wines, side dishes and cuts of beef to diners. Porter House Bar and Grill’s menu features seasonally-inspired American classics, and the view from the restaurant overlooks Central Park and Columbus Circle.
- Bowery Meat Company: Bowery Meat Company offers diners a variety of options. Meat lovers will love the lobster mac and cheese and duck lasagna, while vegetarian groomsmen will appreciate the delicious roasted cauliflower steaks. Of course, the steak at the restaurant is the main attraction, which the groom is sure to love.
- Cote: This restaurant combines Korean barbecue and American steak in an ingenious way that is guaranteed to make your mouth water. Along with the expertly aged steak, Cote also features Korean specialties that you won’t get at any other steakhouse.
NYC Bachelor Party Transportation
Transportation for bachelor parties is crucial to get from location to location with ease and comfort. By hiring a party bus for a bachelor party, you can keep the fun going even when you’re on the road heading to your next bar or making your way to a game after a classy steakhouse dinner. For a classic transportation experience, a limousine for a bachelor party is another excellent option to navigate the city with style.
Choose Blue Streak Limousine for all of your bachelor party transportation needs. We offer a variety of party buses and limousines in New York and New Jersey that feature leather seating, private bathrooms, state of the art sound systems, dance floors and televisions to continue the party as you go from place to place.
Contact Blue Streak Limousine to reserve a party bus or limousine that meets your needs.